Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Yu <jo...@scioworks.com> on 2002/08/27 06:00:45 UTC

Re: What if you need all your dispatchAction methods to call a common method?

Does overriding the execute()/perform() method in the DispatchAction do the
work?

   public class YourDispatchAction extends DispatchAction {
     public Forward execute(...) throws Exception {
       preExecute(...);
       return super.execute(...);
     }
     abstract public void preExecute();
   }

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989

Scioworks Camino - "Don't develop Struts Apps without it!"