Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Howell <ma...@nullcraft.org> on 2001/04/19 21:47:25 UTC

RequestDispatcher --> jsp page compile problems

Hello,

I'm new to this list, and please tell me if my question is misdirected.

I'm using Tomcat 4.0 beta 3.

I have a servlet that creates some session-scoped objects, then
forwards control to a jsp page to display them using a RequestDispatcher.
Regardless of whether I use include(..) or forward(..), the jsp
page doesn't get compiled.  I have to explicitly specify the url to
the jsp page directly for it to get compiled.  Once compiled,
all works fine, though.  My current work-around is to send an HTTP redirect
to the browser to the same page, but I was wondering if there was another
way around this issue, as I cannot embed objects in the request-scope with
this method. This same code worked fine on Tomcat 3.2.x.

Thanks,
-Mark
mark@nullcraft.org