Posted to builds@apache.org by Francesco Chicchiricc�� <il...@apache.org> on 2018/06/22 15:44:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Deploy releases to DockerHub

Hi there,
at Syncope we have just enabled - thanks to Gavin's support - the deploy to DockerHub via Jenkins (jobs [1][2]) - see [3]; the point is that the 3 Docker images cannot be simply built from their respective Dockerfiles, but need to be generated as part of the Maven build.

Now that SNAPSHOTs are covered by [1] and [2], I was wondering how it would be possible to push releases to DockerHub: I thought that we could create an additional job on Jenkins, which we will manually run at end of our release process [4]; such job will run on the GIT tag of the release.

Gavin suggested to ask here for discussion, so here I am.
WDYT?

Regards.

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Syncope/job/Syncope-2_0_X-deploy/
[2] https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Syncope/job/Syncope-master-deploy/