Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Michael Heuer <he...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/24 18:30:28 UTC

add new custom encodings

Hello,

Might someone be able to point me to the Parquet APIs I would need to work with to add new custom encodings for String columns?  We have a few different bit-packing encodings that take advantage of the particular data stored in those columns.

Thank you in advance,

   michael

Re: add new custom encodings

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@gmail.com>.
Hello Wes,

Something different; these encodings would take advantage of ambiguity in DNA sequences.

   michael

Re: add new custom encodings

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Michael,