Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/03/27 20:19:39 UTC

Including dependency JARs with the Synapse distribution

Hi All

With the latest Rampart changes etc. Synapse requires a couple of
dependency JARs in its lib folder to properly function. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-80

I propose that we include Xerces and Xalan with Synapse and provide out
of the box support for Rampart, and move the XSLT and Validate mediators
as well into the core package from extensions. This would add around 4MB
into our binary download - but I do not think this would cause much
trouble to anyone with good internet connections these days.. but make
things easy for someone to quickly tryout Synapse within 5 minutes and
see results

asankha

Re: Including dependency JARs with the Synapse distribution

Posted by Chathura Ekanayake <cc...@gmail.com>.
+1 for including dependency jars. If we are including Xerces jar as
mentioned, we can use Woden and support WSDL 2.0 endpoints as well.

Chathura

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Including dependency JARs with the Synapse distribution

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1 to both!

Sanjiva.

ant elder wrote:
> This sounds ok to me if these jars are really necessary to use Rampart.
> Having it work out of the box is much nicer than making a user have to
> download extra bits.
>
> So...how about also including the Rhino JavaScript engine as well? ;)
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 3/27/07, *Asankha C. Perera* <asankha@wso2.com
> <ma...@wso2.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>     With the latest Rampart changes etc. Synapse requires a couple of
>     dependency JARs in its lib folder to properly function. See
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-80
>     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-80>
>
>     I propose that we include Xerces and Xalan with Synapse and provide out
>     of the box support for Rampart, and move the XSLT and Validate mediators
>     as well into the core package from extensions. This would add around
>     4MB
>     into our binary download - but I do not think this would cause much
>     trouble to anyone with good internet connections these days.. but make
>     things easy for someone to quickly tryout Synapse within 5 minutes and
>     see results
>
>     asankha

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: Including dependency JARs with the Synapse distribution

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1 for out of the box support for Rampart. I think it is a must.

If we are going to move Validate and XSLT, I think Script also should be
moved in to core, because it was a good use case for most of the users (in
the user list). As ant proposed we can ship Rhino JavaScript engine and let
the users configure other relevant scripting engines.

Thanks,
Ruwan.

On 3/28/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds ok to me if these jars are really necessary to use Rampart.
> Having it work out of the box is much nicer than making a user have to
> download extra bits.
>
> So...how about also including the Rhino JavaScript engine as well? ;)
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 3/27/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> >
> > With the latest Rampart changes etc. Synapse requires a couple of
> > dependency JARs in its lib folder to properly function. See
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-80
> >
> > I propose that we include Xerces and Xalan with Synapse and provide out
> > of the box support for Rampart, and move the XSLT and Validate mediators
> > as well into the core package from extensions. This would add around 4MB
> >
> > into our binary download - but I do not think this would cause much
> > trouble to anyone with good internet connections these days.. but make
> > things easy for someone to quickly tryout Synapse within 5 minutes and
> > see results
> >
> > asankha

Ruwan Linton

Re: Including dependency JARs with the Synapse distribution

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.