Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/06/14 09:57:14 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.5.3 available

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 8.5.3.

This is the first stable release of the 8.5.x branch. Tomcat 8.x users
should now use 8.5.x releases in preference to 8.0.x releases.

Apache Tomcat 8 is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java
WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for
Containers technologies.

Apache Tomcat 8.5.x is intended to replace 8.0.x and includes new
features pulled forward from the 9.0.x branch. The notable changes since
8.5.2 include:

- Ensure error will not be thrown during deployment when scanning jar
  files with no or invalid MANIFEST.MF files.

- Improvements to memory leak detection and prevention

- The HTTP Server header is no longer set by default

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/changelog.html

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi

Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.0.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Enjoy!

- The Apache Tomcat team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.5.3 available

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 29/06/2016 17:53, Christian wrote:
> On 29.06.2016 18:34, Christian wrote:
>> On 29.06.2016 17:54, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> Those just wrap java.util.logging so follow the instructions (from
>>> log4j2) to redirect that to log4j2.
>>>
>>> Mark
>>
>> Thank you for your quick reply.
>> That's what I did already[1], but it still results in an exception:
>> org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
>>
>> This message results from the attempt to load the logger into
>> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig's static log field.
>>
>> Just to prevent misunderstandings: I'm using tomcat-embed-core 8.5.3.
>>
>> Regards
>> Christian
>>
>> [1] add log4j-jul to classpath and add
>> java.util.logging.manager=org.apache.logging.log4j.jul.LogManager to
>> the system properties
>>

> I found my mistake: I just needed  to add org.apache.tomcat:tomcat-juli...

That is a bug in the 8.5.3 packaging that should be fixed for 8.5.4.

Mark

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 8.5.3 available

Posted by Christian <cm...@famiru.de>.

Posted by Christian <cm...@famiru.de>.