Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Real Wes Williams <Th...@outlook.com> on 2015/10/01 23:15:22 UTC

Geode Creation Region entry-time-to-live-expiration-action

The GemFire User’s Guide http://gemfire.docs.pivotal.io/pdf/pivotal-gemfire-ug.pdf <http://gemfire.docs.pivotal.io/pdf/pivotal-gemfire-ug.pdf> reports on page 740 that --entry-time-to-live-expiration-action is a valid option for create region.

geode> create region —name=account --entry-time-to-live-expiration-action=destroy --entry-time-to-live-expiration=3600 --type=PARTITION

Parameter entry-time-to-live-expiration-action is not applicable for create region

If so, then why won’t geode accept it on the create region command line?  Is there a valid reason?  I don’t know if this is a documentation problem or a geode problem.

Thanks,
Wes

Re: Geode Creation Region entry-time-to-live-expiration-action

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
FWD to user as this is a user question.  Perfectly valid question.  Just
want it to be searchable by the right audience.

--
Greg Chase

Director of Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: Geode Creation Region entry-time-to-live-expiration-action

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.
Looks like this is caused by a typo in the source code.
I found this line in CliStrings.java:
public static final String CREATE_REGION__ENTRYEXPIRATIONTTLACTION =
"entry-time-to-live-expiriation-action";

So try using the typo in gfsh (i.e. "expiriation" instead of "expiration").
I'll file a jira ticket.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.