Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Arvinn Løkkebakken <ar...@whitebird.no> on 2005/02/07 10:35:52 UTC

disabling ALL_TRUSTED

How do I disable the ALL_TRUSTED test?

It's hitting spam more and more often by misinterpreting Received:
headers, i.e. claiming the mail passed through trusted hosts when it didn't.
That makes it a very dangerous setting since it may trigger
auto-learning spam as ham. It allready has several times on my server.

I can of course set the score to 0 for ALL_TRUSTED but it's cleaner to
totally disable it so it won't hit the message headers as well.

Arvinn

Re: disabling ALL_TRUSTED

Posted by Arvinn Løkkebakken <ar...@whitebird.no>.

jdow wrote:

>Do not disable it. Fix the cause.
>
>It's time to hit the wiki and learn how.
>{^_^}

I hit the wiki and found this patch:

http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/attachment.cgi?id=2508

Is it the fix you were thinking about?

Can anyone advice me on how to apply the patch correctly?

Thanks.

Arvinn

Re: disabling ALL_TRUSTED

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.

Re: disabling ALL_TRUSTED

Posted by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solid-state-logic.com>.

any score of zero will disable a rule...
--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Arvinn Løkkebakken wrote:
> Martin Hepworth wrote:
>
>> Arvinn
>>
>> set the score to zero in local.cf
>>
>> score ALL_TRUSTED 0
>>
> Will this disable the test too, or just set the score too 0? I don't
> want the ALL_TRUSTED score result in header either because it shouldn't
> be there the times when it's false.
>
>> or.. define "trusted_networks ip.add.re.ss[/mask] ... (default: none)"
>> - see the docs
>> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
>>

> What do you mean? I have my trusted networks in trusted_networks. The
> problem is that ALL_TRUSTED some times bugs and triggers on messages
> that have passed through relays that belongs to completely different
> networks. I think this happens when SA fails to parse the Received:
> header containing the foreign host.
>
> Arvinn

the system manager.

Re: disabling ALL_TRUSTED

Posted by Arvinn Løkkebakken <ar...@whitebird.no>.

Re: disabling ALL_TRUSTED

Posted by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solid-state-logic.com>.
Arvinn

Arvinn Løkkebakken wrote:
> How do I disable the ALL_TRUSTED test?
>
> It's hitting spam more and more often by misinterpreting Received:
> headers, i.e. claiming the mail passed through trusted hosts when it
> didn't.
> That makes it a very dangerous setting since it may trigger
> auto-learning spam as ham. It allready has several times on my server.
>
> I can of course set the score to 0 for ALL_TRUSTED but it's cleaner to
> totally disable it so it won't hit the message headers as well.
>
> Arvinn

the system manager.