Posted to apps-dev@avalon.apache.org by Vinay Chandran <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/28 07:26:05 UTC

[Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Folks,

Checked in a new block within jakarta-avalon-apps/
called *Sevak*.

[Sevak, means servant in Hindi ]

Sevak can be simple/generic interface to a embeddable
webserver with simple contracts like :
deploy(contextName,path);
&
undeploy(contextName);

and currently with Catalina as the (default)
implementation .

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-avalon-apps/sevak/

Regards,
V i n a y

Note:
. Update the excalibur extension package
  which is used by Phoenix from a fresh CVS build.

. ant installDemo
  Creates and installs a demo SAR which runs catalina
  at 8080 port with two deployed contexts which can be

  accessed by hitting http://localhost:8080/ and
  http://localhost:8080/demo url's respectively.

Re: [Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Vinay,

Yeeehaa!

Excellent stuff dude.  It is something I've tried more than once to wrap
and given up on.  Cool Stuff!

- Paul

Re: [Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Ulrich,

>Paul Hammant wrote:
>

>[Sevak]
>

>>Web server mountable as a sar file inside Phoenix.  Catalina (Tomcat
>>4.x) as it's default implementation.
>>
>>I did not think it was possible,.
>>

>What about Jo!? Last time I asked it was said that it runs under
>Phoenix.

He he,  I did not think *Catalina* was possible,

- Paul

Re: [Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

[Sevak]

> Web server mountable as a sar file inside Phoenix.  Catalina (Tomcat
> 4.x) as it's default implementation.
>
> I did not think it was possible,.

What about Jo!? Last time I asked it was said that it runs under
Phoenix.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: [Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Ulrich

Re: [Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Re: [Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Vinay Chandran wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Checked in a new block within jakarta-avalon-apps/
> called *Sevak*.
>
> [Sevak, means servant in Hindi ]
>
> Sevak can be simple/generic interface to a embeddable
> webserver with simple contracts like :
> deploy(contextName,path);
> &
> undeploy(contextName);
>
> and currently with Catalina as the (default)
> implementation .

Excellent! :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [Sevak] Catalina Wrapper

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
this is way cool!

Lemme know when stuff stabilizes out a bit and I can maybe help on
company time a bit =)

grz,

- Leo