Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 00:25:13 UTC

Profiling Flex/Java Web App

Hi,

I have a large Flex+Java app (Flex 4.5.1).

Created a new complicated screen (with 3 ADGs) and WindowTitle popup
to edit a row with 2 sets of children (each is a DataGroup with Renderer,
one is a few TextInputs (with 2 way binding),
another is 2 dropdownlists (2nd gets a list based on 1st one selection, so
there is a call to stored proc), checkbox and a button.

It seems that if there are 100s of these children, it takes >35secs for
that popup
to come up in Edit mode.

I tried to profile it using FlashBuilder 4.5.1 on Tomcat 6.0,
but when I bring up profiler, it shows me popup "No activity happened in
the past 60 seconds
after connection was established with the application"  and only after that
app comes up.

Debugger works fine, and I can run that app without any problems.

Is there way to fix it?

I have seen lots of posts showing similar error, but no solution so far.

Please help!

--
Thank you,
Oleg.

Re: Profiling Flex/Java Web App

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Not sure if I’ve used every version of the profiler, but I’ve used the
profiler quite often and it works for me.

I would reboot and don’t start up any apps except Flash Builder
(especially, no browsers, PDF utilities, or AIR apps).  I’ve seen other
SWFs running on the system connect to the profiler instead of the intended
SWF.  If that doesn’t work for your hello world app, the link here [1]
says the profiler defaults to socket port 9999.  Make sure it isn’t
blocked by firewalls and other security software, and that there are no
other processes or services using that port already.

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WS6f97d7caa66ef6eb1e63e3d11b
6c4d0d21-7e46.html

Posted by manish sharma <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have also faced this issue that was due to update of flash player.
Neither I am able to debug nor profiling and one more issue with profiler,
if your application take time to load likewise it is loading data from
server then my machine got hanged or profiling does not working. To resolve
this issue I have created local data resources and my profiler worked
properly.

For profiling you should have a valid license of flash builder.

Regards,
Manish

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.