Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io> on 2016/01/20 20:20:32 UTC

Unresolved Jiras

Hello HAWQ community,

I made a quick pass through our current open jiras and tagged everything
that looks like it has been addressed by an existing closed pull request
with the label 'closed-pr'.

Please take a moment to look at the issues in this jira query and resolve
issues related to the PR's that you have merged or indicate what work still
remains before the issue is fully resolved.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HAWQ%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20closed-pr

Good news is that if all these issues are resolved our open/resolved
metrics will improve substantially.

Thanks,
  Caleb

Re: Unresolved Jiras

Posted by Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io>.
Nice rally everyone! This was huge spike in our resolved issues [2].

With the set of 24 issues we've resolved in the last two days we are now up
to 79 resolved issues and 86 created issues in the last month.  If the
remaining 12 items with closed-pr's are also all resolved then we'll have
crossed the line and have resolved more than have been created.

Ownership on the last 12 issues [1] based on who committed the pull request:
- Ming Li:  4
- Radar: 3
- Zhanwei: 2
- Roman:  1
- Wen Lin: 1
- Yi Jin: 1

And remember to resolve your issues as you fix them going forward.  If any
of these issues are not fully resolved by the commits please add a comment
to that effect and remove the closed-pr label.

Regards,
   Caleb

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HAWQ%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20closed-pr

[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?projectOrFilterId=project-12318826&periodName=daily&daysprevious=30&cumulative=true&versionLabels=major&selectedProjectId=12318826&reportKey=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.reports%3Acreatedvsresolved-report&Next=Next

​

Re: Unresolved Jiras

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Roman,
>
> I understand why the ASF gitbot doesn't resolve the jiras itself, but if a PR has been
> closed it would be good to flag an issue as needing a human to make that judgement.
>
> Would it be possible to update the ASF gitbot to add a label to issues when the PR is closed?
> That would enable us to track this in a more automated fashion.  If yes who would be able to do that?

A good place to ask that question would be on INFRA mailing list
   infrastructure@apache.org
or on INFRA HipChat channel:
   http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact
Perhaps the best way to frame the question would be to ask INFRA
for the location of the source of said bot and send them a PR.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Unresolved Jiras

Posted by Caleb Welton <cw...@pivotal.io>.