Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com> on 2014/05/20 04:02:04 UTC

Unable to load data in hive table

I have created the following partitioned table in hive

 create table custs ( cust_id int, first_name String,last_name
String,cust_age int ) partitioned  by ( cust_prof String) row format
delimited fields terminated by ',';

when I am trying to load data into the table, I am getting error

load data local inpath './custs' into table custs  partition(cust_prof);

FAILED: Error in semantic analysis:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: cust_prof not found in
table's partition spec: {cust_prof=null}

Re: Unable to load data in hive table

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.
Yea, it was just an example, as I didnt know your schema.  Then you can do
(cust_prof='Pilot') or (cust_prof='Teacher').  Does that work for you?

Posted by Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Szehon,

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.