Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Paul Irwin <pi...@feature23.com> on 2013/11/12 14:36:32 UTC

RE: Assistance in calling lucene search from SQL Server 2008

 trigger

--20cf30780db0a615a304eaf4e59e

I agree with Anders. Triggers should be as lightweight as possible if
you are going to use them at all. Performing an HTTP or remoting
request is the opposite of minimal.

Can you do it from outside SQL, or at the very least from a stored
proc? See here for discussion:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3048340/when-are-database-triggers-bad

Paul Irwin

Sent from my Windows Phone, so please forgive my brevity! From: Anders
Lybecker
Sent: =E2=80=8E11/=E2=80=8E12/=E2=80=8E2013 1:24 AM
To: user@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Assistance in calling lucene search from SQL Server 2008
trigger
Hi,

This is not a Lucene.Net issue.
You could make a Web API project and call via SQLCLR WebRequest (
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqllive/archive/2008/06/18/accessing-rest-based-web=
-services-using-sql-clr.aspx
).

The architecture you describe is not what I would recommend. If you
requirements are fixed, I would rather create a service endpoint that first
called the SQL Server and then Lucene. It is a much cleaner solution.

Regards,
Anders Lybecker

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM, Jackson <ja...@smartinfotech.ae> wrote=
: