Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vi...@bertelsmann.com.cn on 2007/04/19 03:39:59 UTC

Ofbiz performance test

Hi Everyone,

I have started working on creating a performance test for ofbiz along
with its development. I am using the tool http://www.webload.org/ to do
functional as well as performance testing. I could have done this in
Selenium or JMeter but it seems webload is polished, easy and now is
open source.

If anyone else has some performance figures for ofbiz please would you
share with me.

Thanks
with best regards,
Vikrant

Re: Ofbiz performance test

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That's great Vikrant. Especially as we start working on stabilizing
the release branch testing in general will be very important.

Unfortunately WebLoad is GPL licensed. What that means is that not
only can we not include it with OFBiz, but we can't even include code
that uses it in OFBiz (because it would have to be GPL licensed, and
if other code used it that code would have to be GPL licensed... the
viral effect can kill our more friendly licensing).

-David