Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by John Smith <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/27 08:25:10 UTC

newbie setup question

Hi there.  This is probably a simple question but I'll
post anyway.

In each of my webapp directories I've created I have a
log4j jar file in WEB-INF/lib and a properties file in
WEB-INF/classes.

Where would be the best place to set, for example,
'log4j.logger.org.apache=WARN'?

I would want this to be sort of a global setting.

Thanks ahead of time.

Frank

--

Just to let you know how I have setup log4j here is a
quick example...

log4j.properties:

log4j.rootLogger=WARN, A1

log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.MaxFileSize=5MB
log4j.appender.A1.MaxBackupIndex=1
log4j.appender.A1.File=/web/logs/webapp.log

Then in my class I call:

static Logger logger =
Logger.getLogger("com.foo.webapp.class);

then proceed with logging.