Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jay Chandler <ch...@chapman.edu> on 2006/10/20 02:33:22 UTC

per-user whitelists under MailScanner?

If this is the wrong place to ask this, I apologize in advance.

Right now, I'm running an older version of SpamAssassin, with
user_prefs in each user's .spamassassin folder.

Is there any way to migrate this to MailScanner and still use per-
user whitelisting (and ideally other settings), or do I have to run
SA as a separate program?

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University

Re: per-user whitelists under MailScanner?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Jay Chandler wrote:
> If this is the wrong place to ask this, I apologize in advance.
>
> Right now, I'm running an older version of SpamAssassin, with
> user_prefs in each user's .spamassassin folder.
>
> Is there any way to migrate this to MailScanner and still use per-user
> whitelisting (and ideally other settings),
No.. MailScanner runs SA as one user, and uses it's own
spam.assassin.prefs file to replace user_prefs.

You could sorta do per-user whitelisting at the MS level using rulesets
for spam.whitelist.conf, etc.. but that's admin side, and doesn't cover
other SA settings.

> or do I have to run SA as a separate program?
In general most MTA layer tools don't support per-user configs (IIRC
there are some that do), but most MDA layer ones (ie: calls from
procmail) do.