Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2012/03/11 19:56:41 UTC

Request reply with endpoint resolved from expression

Hi all,

I wanted to call an endpoint that was specified using an expression.
This is a case that I typically solved using the
recipientList(Expr) dsl item. The problem was that in this case the
endpoint was request/reply. Using recipientList I was not able to work
with the reply from the endpoint.

I solved this using a bean that was given the expr in the constructor
and that used:
String epSt = expr.evaluate(exchange);
Endpoint ep = exchange.getContext().getEndpoint(epSt);
ep.process(exchange);

This works but I wonder if we should build this behaviour into camel. Or
is this already possible?

Christian

--

Christian Schneider