Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ke...@aboutmedia.net on 2004/11/01 05:00:25 UTC

How to resolve the "awt.headless" error ?

Hi List :

I wrote a servlet that uses awt/graphic to draw a picture and then shows
it on the browser.
On windows platform , it works fine.
But on UNIX(my OS is Debian Linux), I run across a problem :
java.awt.headless

I thinhk many of you might know this is caused by the commucation
failure between application
(in this case : my servlet) and X.
Some articles on internet said I can use "-Djava.awt.headless=true" in
my catalina_opts or java_opts to resolve this problem.
But I am sure it can not resolve this problem.

Does anyone have any idea ? Thanks in advance.

	Ken Hu