Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Benoit Decherf <de...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/12/10 10:20:02 UTC

cvs tag -F (patch)

Hi,

As I told you in scm-users list (12/07), I need to disable the -F option
in cvs tag.
I make a patch to add the option useForceTag. This works, but in case of
a conflict with an existing flag, the cvs tag won't failed. (the tag is
not set). Is this acceptable ?
Or maybe I should check for Warning messages in the output and the
command should fail if there are any warnings ?

Benoit

Re: cvs tag -F (patch)

Posted by Benoit Decherf <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I add the issue with the patch: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-361

I let the priority to major as we need it and we will have to use the
patched version in my company. If you thinks that this solution is not
good enough, please tell me how this feature has to be implemented.

Thanks.
Benoit

Re: cvs tag -F (patch)

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.