Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Eung-ju Park <co...@apache.org> on 2002/01/10 16:01:22 UTC

[OT] IntelliJ + cvs + ssh configuration in Win2K?

Hi.
I know Many of avalon committer use IDEA. Yep it's cool.
But i have one problem. I use cygwin version of cvs and ssh. Password prompt
appear in dos console when IDEA CVS operation. :-|

Is there anyone have more convenient configuration for IDEA + cvs + ssh?

Re: [OT] IntelliJ + cvs + ssh configuration in Win2K?

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Eung-ju,

>Hi.
>I know Many of avalon committer use IDEA. Yep it's cool.
>But i have one problem. I use cygwin version of cvs and ssh. Password prompt
>appear in dos console when IDEA CVS operation. :-|

You using key authentication?

>Is there anyone have more convenient configuration for IDEA + cvs + ssh?

I use IDEA2.5 & Cygwin.

ssh hammant@cvs.apache.org -L 2401:localhost:2401

Does the trick for me.

- PAul

Re: [OT] IntelliJ + cvs + ssh configuration in Win2K?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:33, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> >>Dude you are mssing out on the refactor tools' complete integration with
> >>CVS.  IDEA is crippled (as raised in this thread) if you use key
> >>authentication.
> >
> >Sorry missed that or mail is still coming. Why is that? It updated,
> >added/removed, and committed files fine. Is there something else I am
> > missing?
>
> I am talking about the inbuilt features of IDEA.  For all the refactor
> tools, it posts the chnages to CVS automagically.

thats fine for adds/removes and that works fine

> I can't think why
> you'd still use WinCVS when you have IDEA.

IDEAs functionality is not as flexible as WinCVS. Consider simple things like
reverting, nice diffs (definetly not an IDEA strong point), listing non CVS
files, listing changed files etc. Some of these things can be done in IDEA
but via a clunky interface.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: [OT] IntelliJ + cvs + ssh configuration in Win2K?

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter Donald wrote:

>>Dude you are mssing out on the refactor tools' complete integration with
>>CVS.  IDEA is crippled (as raised in this thread) if you use key
>>authentication.
>>

>Sorry missed that or mail is still coming. Why is that? It updated,
>added/removed, and committed files fine. Is there something else I am missing?

I am talking about the inbuilt features of IDEA.  For all the refactor
tools, it posts the chnages to CVS automagically. I can't think why
you'd still use WinCVS when you have IDEA.

- Paul

Re: [OT] IntelliJ + cvs + ssh configuration in Win2K?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.