Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org> on 2002/11/01 21:13:20 UTC

Whats up with CVS ?

When I updated  CVS for Struts and Commons from Work today
all my files were replaced.

Earlier when I updated CVS from Home this morning, every thing seemed
to be working OK. It looks like a router went down
right as I was doing a commit, the archive was updated by my local
copy's version wasn't updated. It had Ping times of 7 seconds !
After 10 minutes or so cvs.apache.org seemed to be ok.

Also monitor mail by the mail archive during the day so I can't get any
committer e-mail.

-Rob

Re: Whats up with CVS ?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Robert Leland wrote:

> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:13:20 -0500
> From: Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Whats up with CVS ?
>
> When I updated  CVS for Struts and Commons from Work today
> all my files were replaced.
>
> Earlier when I updated CVS from Home this morning, every thing seemed
> to be working OK. It looks like a router went down
> right as I was doing a commit, the archive was updated by my local
> copy's version wasn't updated. It had Ping times of 7 seconds !
> After 10 minutes or so cvs.apache.org seemed to be ok.

Works for me (30 seconds ago), and the set of files that were updated look
normal -- i.e. the ones I have seen commit messages for.

I'm kinda paranoid, but on the few occasions where I've had network
problems in the middle of a CVS commit, I err on the side of caution and
don't trust my local repository any more.  I simply archive that directory
and check out a complete fresh copy.  And then go re-check-in any changes
that didn't make it the first time.

> Also monitor mail by the mail archive during the day so I can't get any
> committer e-mail.
>
> -Rob

Craig