Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by e nio <en...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/03 08:59:47 UTC

Cocoon on Orion2

1. I am not able to get cocoon2.1dev running on Orion2 I was
getting:

500 Internal Server Error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/mw/jco/JCO$Structure
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build
11018)]._iz.findClass(.:19)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.configure(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:409)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.configure(ContainerUtil.java:239)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:315)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:141)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:555)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:329)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:1310)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:505)
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build
11018)]._ay._lce(.:1672)
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build
11018)]._ay._bsd(.:3976)
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build
11018)]._ay._lde(.:2502)
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build
11018)]._ay._nic(.:2219)
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build 11018)]._ax._lqc(.:449)
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build 11018)]._ax._tvb(.:189)
        at com.evermind[Orion/2.0 (build 11018)]._bf.run(.:62)

2. cocoon2.0.4 on Orion2 seem to work okay, except I was not
able to get a successful jsp which maybe due to the way sitemap
is laid out in respect to how orion2 have their directory
structure.  What I meant by this is I have to create this
directory structure in orion:

applications/

 cocoon/
  |__ META-INF/
  |        |_ application.xml

  |__ cocoon/

        |__ META-INF/

        |__ WEB-INF/

        |_ sitemap.xmap  the main one
           and the rest of cocoon.war expanded

Looking at the sitemap.log I am getting this error:

32 DEBUG   (2003-04-02) 22:37.58:991   [sitemap.reader.jsp]
(/cocoon/samples/jsp/welcome.htm)
ApplicationServerThread/JSPReader: JSPReader executing JSP:/s
amples/jsp/welcome.jsp
     33 DEBUG   (2003-04-02) 22:37.59:010   [sitemap.reader.jsp]
(/cocoon/samples/jsp/welcome.htm)
ApplicationServerThread/JSPReader: Exception in
JSPReader.generate()
     34 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
     35     at com.evermind._as.findClass(.:417)
     36     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
     37     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:262)

This seem to indicate the orion's jsp engine is not compatible
with jasper because of dependencies on Tomcat as per
Konstantin's  comment on another jsp issue.

And with the above directory layout, the main sitemap.xmap
doesnt seem to work right on some case for example this portion
on the standard 2.0.4 stock samples:

 884    <map:match pattern="welcome">
 885     <map:generate src="docs/samples/samples.xml"/>

instead of generating the samples.xml it displays the
cocoon/welcome/  directory contents instead. By adding a "/" to
the pattern to make it  pattern="welcome/"  it does display the
samples.xml content but when clicking to any of the href in the
contents IT IS TOTALLY out of whacked in terms of the path and
there all I get is resource not found.

Anyway to solve these?  Thanks in advance.

AW: AW: Cocoon on Orion2

Posted by Michael Gerzabek <mi...@at.efp.cc>.
Hi Enio,

web3 is a block. so have a look at the blocks.properties and include
the line exclude.block.web3=true and rebuild cocoon.

sorry can't help with 2)

regards Michael

Re: AW: Cocoon on Orion2

Posted by e nio <en...@yahoo.com>.