Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@reflexe.fr> on 2002/02/25 14:29:32 UTC

BindException

Hello,

Is it possible to use FOP under Linux (without an X-Server or emulation), with JDK 1.3.x ?

I'm trying to use this configuration to generate non-graphic PDFs in a Tomcat 4.x webapp, but even this causes problems (I'm getting BindExceptions, as if it was trying to connect to the X-Server).

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide,

Guillaume

PS : here is what I get :

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  null.open:  java.net.BindException: Adresse déjà utilisée
LifecycleException:  null.open:  java.net.BindException: Adresse déjà utilisée
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConnector.java)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java)
----- Root Cause -----
java.net.BindException: Adresse déjà utilisée
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:405)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:121)
        at org.apache.catalina.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerSocketFactory.java)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.open(HttpConnector.java)

--
Guillaume Laforge
Reflexe Technologies

Re: BindException

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Monday 25 February 2002 15:12, Guillaume Laforge wrote:
>. . .
> Before adding some class creating some PDF with FOP, everything works
> perfectly. Tomcat is configured on port 8080, but that's not the
> problem, and no other program is using this port. The simple fact of
> adding fop.jar in WEB-INF/lib of my webapp causes this problem. And
> as soon as I remove fop.jar, everything works fine again, like
> before! Weird, isnt it ?

Weird it is - the stack trace that you sent clearly shows the problem
happening when the HttpConnector class tries to open a ServerSocket,
and it is hard to imagine what this has to do with FOP.jar.

Maybe, just maybe, having FOP.jar in the classpath causes wrong
versions of some classes to be loaded instead of the right versions, in
which case you might want to make sure fop.jar is loaded last in the
classpath. Maybe renaming it to zzz-fop.jar will do if the tomcat
script sorts jar files by name when building the classpath.

You might also want to set tomcat's log level to the most detailed and
try to follow exactly what's happening during initialization (or
running diff on two logs, one with and one without FOP.jar).

-Bertrand

Re: BindException

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.