Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/11/07 11:13:39 UTC

Handle service response effectively

Hello,

I noticed many occurrences where service response is not handled properly
and it leads to taking more time while debugging issues.
IMO, every service calling from java/groovy must handle errors by service
util methods such as *isError*, *reutrnError *etc. and similarly in case of
XML <*call-service*, there should be <*check-error*/> to make sure service
was executed successfully.

Apart from this, one suggestion is to include *Debug.logError *in
*ServiceUtil.returnProblem *so that in case of any error occurred and
handled, it will always be logged on the console.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer

Re: Handle service response effectively

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks everyone.

I have created a Jira ticket here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9981>

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
*HotWax Commerce* by *HotWax Systems*
Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78, Vijay Nagar, Indore, M.P. India 452010

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Indeed +1

Posted by Akash Jain <ak...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

Thanks and Regards

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 07/11/2017 à 12:13, Suraj Khurana a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I noticed many occurrences where service response is not handled properly
> and it leads to taking more time while debugging issues.
> IMO, every service calling from java/groovy must handle errors by service
> util methods such as *isError*, *reutrnError *etc. and similarly in case of
> XML <*call-service*, there should be <*check-error*/> to make sure service
> was executed successfully.
>
> Apart from this, one suggestion is to include *Debug.logError *in
> *ServiceUtil.returnProblem *so that in case of any error occurred and
> handled, it will always be logged on the console.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts on this.
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> *Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> *HotWax Commerce*  by  *HotWax Systems*
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78, Vijay Nagar, Indore, M.P. India 452010

Hi Suraj,

+1

Jacques