Posted to user@joshua.apache.org by Siddharth Dinesh <si...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/21 07:14:38 UTC

API for Language Pack Server

Hi,

I am working on translating 2-3 million documents. For this, I have set up
the language pack, and ran Joshua in server mode as well.

Can I have some information about the API to use to translate using the
HTTP server mode?

Thanks,
Siddharth

Re: API for Language Pack Server

Posted by Matt Post <po...@cs.jhu.edu>.
We will document the HTTP/REST server soon. In the meantime you can see how the ajax queries are formed in the web demo (under web/). But that is limited to one sentence per connection, so it will be lots faster if you use the TCP server mode, which is documented in the README.

	./joshua -server-port 5674 -server-type tcp

You will also likely want to increase memory (-m, must be the first argument) and to use multiple threads (-threads N, where N is no more than the number of cores on your machine, and should probably be one or two less).

matt