Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org> on 2011/10/16 14:36:20 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.0-beta1

Hello all,

This is a voting thread for Apache Libcloud 0.6.0-beta1 release.

Test tarballs can be found at http://people.apache.org/~tomaz/libcloud/

This release includes many improvements and new drivers, but the most
important thing is a brand new DNS API.

DNS API allows users to manage DNS service provided by many different
providers. This release includes a driver for Linode DNS (
http://www.linode.com/features.cfm) and Zerigo DNS (http://www.zerigo.com/).
In the future we also plan to expand it (hopefully with a community help)
and add new drivers for providers such as Amazon, Rackspace and others.

DNS API is also the reason this is a beta and not a final release. I would
like the DNS API to get more real world usage and beating up before a final
0.6.0 release.

Other notable changes:

- SSL certificate validation is now enabled by default. If no CA certificate
files are found on startup, an exception is thrown.

- new storage driver for Google storage (
http://code.google.com/apis/storage/) and Ninefold.com storage (
http://ninefold.com/cloud-storage/)

- new compute driver for Ninefold.com

- support for OpenStack 1.1 API and many other improvements in the OpenStack
driver

Full change log can be found at
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/libcloud/trunk/CHANGES?view=markup&pathrev=1184804

This release will probably also be the last release in the 0.x series and
the next release will be 1.0.

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.0-beta1

Vote closes on Wednesday October 19, 2011 at 10:00 CEST.

Thanks,
Tomaz

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.0-beta1

Posted by Roman Bogorodskiy <bo...@gmail.com>.
  Tomaž Muraus wrote:

> [  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.0-beta1

+1

Tests pass for me on FreeBSD.

Roman Bogorodskiy

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.0-beta1

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
+1 for release, working well on OSX and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

[dev] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.6.0-beta1

Posted by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Vote has passed with three +1's:

- Tomaz Muraus
- Roman Bogorodskiy
- Paul Querna

I will add the release artifacts to the SVN repository and announce the
release today.

Thanks everyone for their votes.
Tomaz

Posted by Tomaž Muraus <to...@apache.org>.