Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/07/20 21:24:13 UTC

[Axis2 1.0] newbie: operation params and return types

Hi All,

I am new to Axis2 and wondering about the supported datatypes for method
parameters and return types. All the samples use OMElement.

If an implementation class were to be written with all OMElements, would
the generated WSDL show the corresponding schemas? If not, how would a
client know the format of the params and returned results by looking at a
WSDL?

If this is a limitation of OM, then what other options does one have? I
need to be able to return a List/Array of custom Beans. How can I do that?

Excuse me for this basic question, but I couldn't find a good pointer.

Thanks,

-Nirmit

Re: [Axis2 1.0] newbie: operation params and return types

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 only automatically generates a WSDL document if you use the RPC
Receiver. If you use the Raw or Message Receiver you must supply the
WSDL. For best results, always start with WSDL.

Anne