Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "tmkha@yahoo.com" <tm...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/20 03:37:31 UTC

Re: Multiple instances of Karaf on same host

I observed that by default both 8080 and 8181 will be in used if starting
karaf with http feature installed. This is because jetty default port is set
to 8080 in jetty.xml and http org.osgi.service.http.port is set to 8181.  I
would expect only one of these 2 configurations to be used, but look like
they listen on both ports.

I verified that by setting the default port in jetty.xml to 8181. Then I
observed only port 8181 was in used.

- Triet

Re: Multiple instances of Karaf on same host

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
hmm, if someone changes the port back to 8080 through the pax-web cfg
file we end up in the same situation.
And as far as I know how jetty and pax web work there is no other way
to get this going.
Since pax-web creates an instance of the jetty server, which is
configured afterwards. So if there is no jetty.xml around
it starts with port 8080, I have seen that before and gets configured
by pax web in the way it is configured.

So if we change the default in the jetty.xml to 8181 but someone
changes the pax web  cfg to 7070 we end up in the same situation.
And as far as I know the first used port shouldn't be active anymore.
I don't know though if this has changed with jetty 7.x.
I'll can do some research, but it will take me a bit :)

regards, Achim

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It makes sense.

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Triet,

+1, Can you please create an issue for this problem? I'll include this
change into the soon coming 2.2.1 release

Thanks and kind regards,
Andreas