Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pa...@accenture.com on 2014/04/15 17:33:49 UTC

[users@httpd] reverse proxy help

Hi Gurus,

We have multiple webservers in our DMZ and we want to access those web servers through 1 reverse proxy.

Here is the scenario:

Here are our webservers
www.sapserver.com<http://www.sapserver.com> - webserver1
www.bobj.com<http://www.bobj.com> - webserver2
www.qc.com<http://www.qc.com> - webserver3
www.hybris.com<http://www.hybris.com> - webserver4

We want to access the above webserver using the below link (which im not sure if we can achieve with the help of Apache Reverse proxy)

www.portal.com/sapserver<http://www.portal.com/sapserver> - redirect to webserver1
www.portal.com/bobj<http://www.portal.com/bobj> - redirect to webserver2
www.portal.com/qc<http://www.portal.com/qc> - redirect to webserver3
www.portal.com/hybris - redirect to webserver4<http://www.portal.com/hybris%20-%20redirect%20to%20webserver4>

www.portal.com<http://www.portal.com> - virtual host or alias

These webservers are running on different host and different webservers(e.g. Tomcat, IIS, SAP Netweaver etc)
Please advise if this scenario is possible and let me know how am I going to achieve it.
I have basic knowledge on configuring Apache reverse proxy and I can do simple configuration.
I have tried the above with the best of my knowledge but I didn't get any luck.

Thanks

________________________________

www.accenture.com

RE: [users@httpd] reverse proxy help

Posted by pa...@accenture.com.
Hi Fred,

Ive tried that option. When I check the error log:
It gives error like below:

“[Wed Apr 16 14:57:35 2014] [error] [client *******] File does not exist: D:/Apache2/htdocs/libs, referer: http://www.portal.com/sapserver/”

So when I actually launch the real URL, it goes to www.sapserver.com/libs/.../../../<http://www.sapserver.com/> and also looks for www.sapserver.com/etc../../../<http://www.sapserver.com/../>

Regards

Posted by Frederik Nosi <fr...@postecom.it>.
Hi Paul,

On 04/15/2014 06:19 PM, paul.warren.p.pili@accenture.com wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> Thanks for quick response. Unfortunately your suggestion doesn’t worked.
>
> That’s the first one I tried and it only worked on www.portal.com/bobj
> <http://www.portal.com/bobj> (running on tomcat).
>
> The other webservers didn’t work.

[...]

Without detail i'm just guessing, try adding a trailing slash when
accessing the reverse proxied resource, eg:

http://www.portal.com/sapserver/

Frederik

RE: [users@httpd] reverse proxy help

Posted by pa...@accenture.com.
Hi Fred,

Thanks for quick response. Unfortunately your suggestion doesn’t worked.
That’s the first one I tried and it only worked on www.portal.com/bobj<http://www.portal.com/bobj> (running on tomcat).
The other webservers didn’t work.

you can add for each webserver, eg for the first one:

ProxyPass /sapserver http://www.sapserver.com/
ProxyPassReverse /sapserver http://sapserver.com/

Same for the others.

Frederik