Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Smith <ms...@windebt.com> on 2000/07/27 21:34:12 UTC

cocoon not finding it's properties file

    I'm trying to install cocoon using jserv on apache.  I put everything in
place according to the installation documentation and tried to pull up
cocoon's information.  It wasn't found, so I tossed one of the sample xml
and xsl files into my document root and pulled it up.  I get a cocoon error:

"The servlet initialization argument "properties" was not found. Please,
make sure Cocoon is able to find its configurations or it won't be able to
execute correctly.

A template for such configurations may be found in the file
"/conf/cocoon.properties" in the distribution."

	I have the following line in my jserv zone.properties file:
"servlet.org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initArgs=properties=/usr/local/etc/httpd/c
onf/cocoon.properties".  The file at that location is a direct copy of the
cocoon.properties file in the distro.

Thanks,
Matt