Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ana Lucía Zapata Barros <al...@itesm.mx> on 2006/05/18 15:45:47 UTC

[users@httpd] port 80 and port 8080

It’s possible for apache have 2 different ports, 80 and 8080, for the same
service??

I modify the httpd.conf file, and add Listen 80 and start apache at port 80
with the sudo command.

And when I start the apache at 8080 port, appear a message that say it’s
running but when I access by web I can’t find the service and the command
netstat –an doesn’t show me the 8080 port only the 80 port.

So, I was thinking that maybe it’s because the port 80 it’s already in use
for the same service, but I’m not sure, it’s possible??

Thank you

ana