Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/11 21:43:21 UTC

Re: [Vote Result] New committers

On 6/20/06, Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 14.06.2006 21:16, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
> > I'd like to introduce some people of our community and invite them for
> > becoming committers of the Cocoon project. Three people do I have in
> > mind: Andreas Hochsteger, Peter Hunsberger and Jason Johnston.
>
> Congratulations Andreas, Peter and Jason. You all have been elected with
> 21 positive and no negative votes to become committers of the Cocoon
> project. Welcome!
>
> Unless you already have an Apache account please let me know your
> preferred userid (plus an alternative). I will ask for the accounts
> then. In the meantime you can send the CLA
> (http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#committers) to Apache.

Joerg, haven't seen anything about apache mail ids being created or
such?  Is it possible that a direct reply to your e-mail got spam
filtered or went missing in someway?  Should I resend?

--
Peter Hunsberger

Re: [Vote Result] New committers

Posted by Jason Johnston <ja...@Intrado.com>.
On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 17:25 -0500, Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On 7/11/06, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> > Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> > > Joerg, haven't seen anything about apache mail ids being created or
> > > such?  Is it possible that a direct reply to your e-mail got spam
> > > filtered or went missing in someway?  Should I resend?
> >
> > The process is you send in your ICLA by fax (or it may be possible to
> > send a scanned email now, not sure of the details tho), the ASF
> > Secretary records the receipt in a file in SVN. When that record is
> > seen, our PMC Chair (Reinhard now?) can request an account for you. That
> > is the point that you choose/get your apache ID.
> >
> > Your name isn't showing in the ICLA file, so sounds like your first task
> > is to ensure that a signed one is received.
> >

> I faxed an ICLA about 2 weeks ago, and sent Joerg an email sometime
> after that, which is why I was wondering... I could fax over another
> copy?

I sent in my ICLA about 2 weeks ago too, though by snail mail.  I
haven't heard anything either, FWIW.

Re: [Vote Result] New committers

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 7/11/06, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> > On 6/20/06, Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:

<snip/>

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On 7/12/06, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>> > Upayavira wrote:
>> >

>> Jim last recorded a batch on 2006-07-07. Peter this sounds
>> strange. Fax it again. If it is back-to-front or unreadable
>> then nothing that Jim can do.
>>

> Our Fax machine prints out little images of what was sent with the
> confirmation so I know it was sent ok unless their fax machine screwed
> up.  I've faxed it off again...

I believe GPG signed scans are now accepted by email to secretary@apache.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [Vote Result] New committers

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
> I sent my CLA using snail mail at the end of june and was on vacation
> since then but I am still not listed in
> http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas.
> Should I wait some more or send it again?

I think it's best if you send it in again. I guess that sending a fax would be
the best (safest) option.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: [Vote Result] New committers

Posted by Andreas Hochsteger <an...@gmx.at>.
I sent my CLA using snail mail at the end of june and was on vacation
since then but I am still not listed in
http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas.
Should I wait some more or send it again?

Thanks,
Andreas

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>
> >>Joerg, haven't seen anything about apache mail ids being created or
> >>such?  Is it possible that a direct reply to your e-mail got spam
> >>filtered or went missing in someway?  Should I resend?
> >
> >The process is you send in your ICLA by fax (or it may be possible to
> >send a scanned email now, not sure of the details tho), the ASF
> >Secretary records the receipt in a file in SVN. When that record is
> >seen, our PMC Chair (Reinhard now?) can request an account for you. That
> >is the point that you choose/get your apache ID.
> >
> >Your name isn't showing in the ICLA file, so sounds like your first task
> >is to ensure that a signed one is received.
>
> Following [1] I more or less regularly checked at [2], but none of the
> three has been mentioned there yet. I hope I did not forget anything
> what could have accelerated this process.
>
> Regards,
>
> J?rg
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas

No Joerg, you didn't forget anything. I have been watching
foundation/officers/iclas.txt (which produces [2])
and nothing yet.

Jim last recorded a batch on 2006-07-07. Peter this sounds
strange. Fax it again. If it is back-to-front or unreadable
then nothing that Jim can do.

Jason, you are in the same country so surely it would
not take so long for snail mail. Not sure what to suggest.

-David

Re: [Vote Result] New committers

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 12.07.2006 00:20, Upayavira wrote:

>> Joerg, haven't seen anything about apache mail ids being created or
>> such?  Is it possible that a direct reply to your e-mail got spam
>> filtered or went missing in someway?  Should I resend?
>
> The process is you send in your ICLA by fax (or it may be possible to
> send a scanned email now, not sure of the details tho), the ASF
> Secretary records the receipt in a file in SVN. When that record is
> seen, our PMC Chair (Reinhard now?) can request an account for you. That
> is the point that you choose/get your apache ID.
>
> Your name isn't showing in the ICLA file, so sounds like your first task
> is to ensure that a signed one is received.

Following [1] I more or less regularly checked at [2], but none of the
three has been mentioned there yet. I hope I did not forget anything
what could have accelerated this process.

Regards,

Jörg

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.