Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Lawlor <fr...@athensgroup.com> on 2001/05/09 17:33:52 UTC

Odd Page Caching Behavior

Sometimes after developing for a while, Tomcat will stop showing
my changes and insist on showing an old version of one or more
of my pages.

I have IE (5.50) set to re-access the page on every visit and
deleting all the files and restarting IE doesn't fix the problem.
Re-starting Tomcat and VisualAge doesn't fix it.  Only
re-boot works.

I had one page, index.jsp, which I replace with a completely
different content.  It kept showing the old one.  If I removed
index.jsp, I would get a "not found" as expected, but as
soon as I put the new index.jsp in, I would get the old
content again.

Weird.  Any ideas on what is caching the pages?  How to
stop it.

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.

AW: Odd Page Caching Behavior

Posted by Stefan Busse <sb...@medienkontor-online.de>.
you may stop it by deleting the generated *.java files
for your jsp-page(s) in the "work" directory of tomcat.