Posted to user@ant.apache.org by da...@remanresource.com on 2008/10/31 17:50:15 UTC

Conditional depends clause

Hi,

I have this in my build.xml file

<target name="copy-conf" depends="copyDevConf,copyIntConf,copyQaConf,copyProdConf" />

What I would like, however, is to only have one depends option depending on what a variable "env" is, which is passed to my script.  So, for example, if env = "dev", I would like to execute only the "copyDevConf" option above.  How do I configure this in ANT?

Thanks, - Dave

Re: Conditional depends clause

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.
I think you'll need to define an unless attribute on each of the depends
targets.

So, for example:

<target name = "cop-conf"
depends="copyDevConf,copyIntConf,copyQaConf,copyProdConf" />

<target  name = "copyDevConf"  unless = "some var">

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, dave.alvarado@remanresource.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this in my build.xml file
>
> <target name="copy-conf" depends="copyDevConf,copyIntConf,copyQaConf,copyProdConf" />
>
> What I would like, however, is to only have one depends option depending on what a variable "env" is, which is passed to my script.  So, for example, if env = "dev", I would like to execute only the "copyDevConf" option above.  How do I configure this in ANT?
>
> Thanks, - Dave

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549