Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Julien Palmas <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/16 13:05:42 UTC

Switch folder, unable to update

Hi list !

This is my first message to the list, so hi everybody ;-)

Here are 2 messages I have for my working copy :

svn st :
    S  Test

svn up :
svn: 'file:///Users/work/Projects/deployer_rep/trunk/test'
is not the same repository as
'file:///users/work/projects/deployer_rep'

I would like to know how to remove this 'S test' from the svn st
command, and be able to 'up' again

What should I do ?

Thx for the help
Julien

Re: Switch folder, unable to update

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 16, 2007, at 09:04, Méresse Christophe wrote:

>> Here are 2 messages I have for my working copy :
>>
>> svn st :
>>     S  Test
>>
>> svn up :
>> svn: 'file:///Users/work/Projects/deployer_rep/trunk/test'
>> is not the same repository as
>> 'file:///users/work/projects/deployer_rep'
>>
>> I would like to know how to remove this 'S test' from the svn
>> st command, and be able to 'up' again
>>
>> What should I do ?
>
> Probably:
> svn revert Test

Christophe, I don't think that will work, because a switch is not a
modification of the working copy that can ever be committed, so
there's nothing to be reverted.

Julien, I think the problem is that you are not consistent with case.
Given the /Users path, I assume you are on Mac OS X. Though what you
did appeared to work somewhat, because Mac OS X's HFS+ filesystem is
case-insensitive, you're running into problems because Subversion is
case-sensitive. In the message, it says file:///Users/work/Projects/
deployer_rep is not the same repository as file:///users/work/
projects/deployer_rep, and that's correct, if you consider that in
one URL you've capitalized Users and Projects (as it presumably
actually is in the filesystem), but in the other URL you haven't. So
you should always use the correct case when entering all Subversion
URLs and commands.

If you would like for the test (or Test, whichever one it actually
is) directory to no longer be switched, "svn switch" it back to the
URL it was in the first place. If you cannot remember what it should
be, you may be able to restore it by just using the OS commands to
remove the test directory entirely (assuming you have no changes in
it that you want to keep), then use "svn up test" in the working copy
(or "svn up Test" if it is capitalized in the repository) to get it
from the repository again.

RE: Switch folder, unable to update

Posted by Méresse Christophe <ch...@nagra.com>.

Probably: