Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com> on 2017/03/07 14:22:34 UTC

A Feature Suggestion for Use by Custom Tool Developers

Dear OpenMeetings Developers,

Is it possible to add a feature that allows custom code developers to read
the following files in their original formats from a specific directory, say
/public/upload

.         images:  i.e., a png can be read as file.hash.png (instead of
file.hash.jpg)?

.         swf files

.         pdf files

Benefits:

This could enable custom developers to build their custom toolbars, custom
menus and custom file explorers on top of each new release.  Their users
will increase use adoption, thereby growing the community.  Of course,
suggesting is always easier, coding during off-time, while doing a full-time
job is more difficult!

To save time, perhaps here is where we thought this could be changed.

DownloadHandler.java

@183-214:

        if (!full_path.exists() || !full_path.canRead()) {

                if (!full_path.canRead()) {

                        log.debug("LOG DownloadHandler: The request file is
not readable ");

                } else {

                        log.debug("LOG DownloadHandler: The request file
does not exist / has already been deleted");

                }

                log.debug("LOG ERROR requestedFile: " + requestedFile);

                // replace the path with the default picture/document

                        if (requestedFile.endsWith(".jpg")) {

                        log.debug("LOG endsWith d.jpg");

                        log.debug("LOG moduleName: " + moduleName);

                        requestedFile = defaultImageName;

                        if (moduleName.equals("remoteuserprofile")) {

                                requestedFile = defaultProfileImageName;

                        } else if
(moduleName.equals("remoteuserprofilebig")) {

                                requestedFile = defaultProfileImageNameBig;

                        } else if (moduleName.equals("userprofile")) {

                                requestedFile = defaultProfileImageName;

                        } else if (moduleName.equals("chat")) {

                                requestedFile = defaultChatImageName;

                        }

                } else if (requestedFile.endsWith(".swf")) {

                        requestedFile = defaultSWFName;

                } else {

                        requestedFile = defaultImageName;

                }

                full_path = new File(OmFileHelper.getDefaultDir(),
requestedFile);

        }

Sincerely,

Hemant K. Sabat

Coscend Communications Solutions

Web site:  <http://www.coscend.com/> www.Coscend.com

Real-time, Interactive Video Collaboration, Tele-healthcare, Tele-education,
Telepresence Services, on the fly.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
<http://www.coscend.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>
http://www.Coscend.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html

RE: A Feature Suggestion for Use by Custom Tool Developers

Posted by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com>.
Further, to the previous e-mail, this feature is similar to adding Cliparts
by admins for users in
/public/cliparts directory.

Except to upload files from custom menus, custom toolbars, the custom code
developer will need to add some custom code.  Just a suggestion.

Thank you.

Web site: www.Coscend.com <http://www.coscend.com/>

<http://www.Coscend.com>

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
It is already possible
Please check "download original" action in 3.2.0

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax