Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2007/08/28 13:52:28 UTC

JNDI caching

Hello,

we have several tools here that access a common JNDI structure for user
listing / authentification / authorization. There is a LDAP tomcat realm
+ 2 tools that request direct access to List and properties of users/groups.

Our problem is as follow

1) if the LDAP server change, we need to change quite a lot of config
files to point to new server.
2) we are using an NIS dircontext. This presents the disavantage of
having an implementation that creates round 300 temporary threads (arg!)
5 or 6 times in a row (re-argl) for each tools initializing.

We would like to provide some kind of proxy, that will pump the whole
directory structure and present it as a Context attached to the tomcat
jndi. Before getting in to code such proxy and awfull Enumeration and
Search methods in it, does someone know of a tool that already does this?

Thanks a lot.

--
http://www.noooxml.org/