Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maruf Aytekin <aa...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 12:32:43 UTC

skip run of a plugin in a phase without changing pom.xml

Hi All

Is there a way to not execute a maven ant run without being changeing pom.xml.

I have following setup:

<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>Findbugs_Run</id>
            <phase>verify</phase>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <property name="project.name" value="${project.name}" />
                <property name="findbugs.home" value="${findbugs.home}" />
                <property name="compile_classpath"
refid="maven.compile.classpath"/>
                <property name="test_classpath" refid="maven.test.classpath"/>
                <ant antfile="${findbugs.build.file}" />
              </tasks>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>

Can I pass a parameter to maven execution to skip this ant run in phase verify??

Many thanks
Maruf

Re: skip run of a plugin in a phase without changing pom.xml

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
put it in a profile which is active by default

Posted by "Adam Leggett (UPCO)" <ad...@upco.co.uk>.
If its skipping execution of your <ant> task that's required, I expect
you could wrap an antcontrib <if> task around it. You'd probably need to
add the antcontrib dependency to the antrun plugin so it can find the
task too.

Adam

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 13:32 +0200, Maruf Aytekin wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Is there a way to not execute a maven ant run without being changeing pom.xml.
>
> I have following setup:
>
> <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>         <executions>
>           <execution>
>             <id>Findbugs_Run</id>
>             <phase>verify</phase>
>             <configuration>
>               <tasks>
>                 <property name="project.name" value="${project.name}" />
>                 <property name="findbugs.home" value="${findbugs.home}" />
>                 <property name="compile_classpath"
> refid="maven.compile.classpath"/>
>                 <property name="test_classpath" refid="maven.test.classpath"/>
>                 <ant antfile="${findbugs.build.file}" />
>               </tasks>
>             </configuration>
>             <goals>
>               <goal>run</goal>
>             </goals>
>           </execution>
>         </executions>
>       </plugin>
>     </plugins>
>
> Can I pass a parameter to maven execution to skip this ant run in phase verify??
>
> Many thanks
> Maruf

Adam Leggett
Chief Architect