Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dummy <th...@sg.netnam.vn> on 2007/04/25 20:34:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Change Response header

When I make a request to my local server, I always receive a response header like this:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:31:04 GMT

Server: Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.2.0

Vary: negotiate,accept-language,accept-charset

TCN: choice

Last-Modified: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:35:22 GMT

ETag: "f1807e60-5d6-13b32280;f18088c0-9dc-13b32280"

Accept-Ranges: bytes

Connection: close

 How can I change the infomation in these attributes from Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.2.0 to MyServer for example( config somewhere or code something to set the response)? Thanks for any responding.

Dummy

Re: [users@httpd] Change Response header

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/25/07, Dummy <th...@sg.netnam.vn> wrote:

> When I make a request to my local server, I always receive a response header
> like this:
>

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>
> Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:31:04 GMT
>
> Server: Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.2.0

>  How can I change the infomation in these attributes from Apache/2.0.55
> (Win32) PHP/5.2.0 to MyServer for example( config somewhere or code
> something to set the response)? Thanks for any responding.

1. You are wasting your time. Changing this line provides no real
benefits and can make debugging more difficult.

2. You can configure the Server header using the ServerTokens directive.

3. If you actually want to lie in the Server header, you need to
change the code and recompile: see include/ap_release.h.

Joshua.