Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2018/06/18 08:02:17 UTC

Adjusting the PMC members list before graduation (was: [Mentors] Status of incubator.apache.org/projects/netbeans.html)

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 11:03 AM Geertjan Wielenga
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid> wrote:
> ...when we become a top level project, we should ask each
> individual person who is a committer/PPMC member about how seriously
> they'll be involved in the top level project...

One thing that worked well for other podlings is to make a call, when
graduation is about to happen, about who wants to stay on the top
level project's PMC.

Make a call on this list (Bcc to the private list), indicate that
whoever's on the PPMC is invited to be on the PMC (if that's the idea)
and wait about a week for answers.

Add to the new PMC roster *only* the people who reply, indicating by
that that they are following the action and plan to stay involved.

If other PPMC members show up later, during or after graduation, it's
easy to add them to the PMC.

-Bertrand