Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Alexis Agahi <al...@users.sf.net> on 2003/10/23 13:30:52 UTC

Merlin JBoss & Tomcat

After a big session of JBoss code introspection, I've come the conclusion that
most of JBoss apps such as Tomcat are strongly bound to JBoss
code/deployement procedure.

Even if I am able to successfully run Tomcat/JBoss application this cannot be
done eyes closed, without "dirty" hacking. Unfortunatly, there is not a clean
and separed api provided by Jboss that could allow a nice deployer component.

BTW we still can deploy many applications (such as HSQLDB) that are not JBoss
dependent.

As I mentionned ealier it should be nice to have an internal kernel component
that could provide common MBeanServer and eventually jdni context.
I'm going to see if I suggest better ideas.

Another funky stuff that could be done is to run JBoss as Merlin Service and
see if we could provide JBoss, Merlin manager class. ;))