Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com> on 2020/01/13 08:21:29 UTC

DirectDownload feature implementation RFC

Hello guys,
just tried direct download feature with Local Storage CloudStack Zone and
found that it doesn't work. Quick search showed that

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/plugins/hypervisors/kvm/src/main/java/com/cloud/hypervisor/kvm/storage/KVMStorageProcessor.java#L1694

Only StoragePoolType.NetworkFilesystem is supported. Is there is a reason
for that?
Why cannot it work with the local storage?

NVasquez is the author of the PR where it's introduced, hope he can find a
time to reply.

Re: DirectDownload feature implementation RFC

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.
Great to hear that! Thanks a lot.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
That's exactly cooking:

--

Andrija Panić

Re: DirectDownload feature implementation RFC

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.
Andrija,

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: DirectDownload feature implementation RFC

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.