Posted to user@struts.apache.org by santhosh <sa...@eximsoft.com> on 2003/03/13 14:07:45 UTC

standalone with struts

Hi Folks,

My requirement is as follows.

I have a standalone application which is build using swings.   This application talks to server for some of the functionalities to achieve.  In the server side i want to use struts framework .  My question is  1)  Can a standalone application talk to server which uses struts framework?  2) if yes  how to forward the request to applet after processing in the action class?

It will be very much helpful if i get the answers as soon as possible as i have to answer  to our client as soon as possible.

waiting for the reply

Thanx with regds
santhosh hegde A

Re: standalone with struts

Posted by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@opentechnet.com>.
    Why don't you make a business tier with EJBs and call them directly
from your standalone application? J2EE call this a client application.

    Regards
    Jose