Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Keren Ouaknine <ke...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/25 15:31:01 UTC

compilation of CDH3

Hello,

I am compiling CDH3, and expect it to finish within 5-10 minutes.
However the compilation process get stuck. It happens during forrest
(probably documentation generation).

I killed the forrest process (dont need documentation at this stage), and
expected to see compilation continue but it didn't help.
These are my flags:

ant -Dversion=0.20.ka0 -Dcompile.native=true -Dcompile.c++=true -Dlibhdfs=1
-Dlibrecordio=true clean api-report tar test test-c++-libhdfs

Thanks,
Keren

--
Keren Ouaknine
Cell: +972 54 2565404

Re: compilation of CDH3

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 25/07/11 14:31, Keren Ouaknine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am compiling CDH3, and expect it to finish within 5-10 minutes.
> However the compilation process get stuck. It happens during forrest
> (probably documentation generation).
>
> I killed the forrest process (dont need documentation at this stage), and
> expected to see compilation continue but it didn't help.
> These are my flags:
>
> ant -Dversion=0.20.ka0 -Dcompile.native=true -Dcompile.c++=true -Dlibhdfs=1
> -Dlibrecordio=true clean api-report tar test test-c++-libhdfs
>
> Thanks,
> Keren

I'd take this to the Cloudera forums.

Re: compilation of CDH3

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
+cdh-user  -common-dev(bcc)

Perhaps you're using forrest 0.9, the hadoop docs don't build with
forrest 0.9 (eg see HADOOP-7303), you need to use v 0.8 (and can
explicitly set it via -Dforrest.home).

You can use also use the "binary" target to build a tarball w/o docs.

Thanks,
Eli