Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/01/17 12:17:25 UTC

MXML heap size

Hi,

This was just raised:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33353

From a quick look it seems that the mxmlc (or mxml.bat) doesn't use jvm.config but not I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm this?

Any idea on best solution to remove this being hard coded value in mxmlc and mcmlc.bat?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: MXML heap size

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/17/13 7:07 AM, "Carol Frampton" <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 1/17/13 6 :17AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This was just raised:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33353
>>
>> From a quick look it seems that the mxmlc (or mxml.bat) doesn't use
>> jvm.config but not I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm this?
>
> I believe that is correct.  That is why we removed the jvm.config file
> from bin.  The Adobe Flex documentation will not always apply now that we
> are at Apache.
>
> ColdFusion and JRun had a modified java launcher which I worked on years
> ago which Flex adopted it.  It used jvm.config.  Adobe did not donate the
> launcher.  I can't remember all the reasons but it was an exe and I want
> to say it was written in C which would have caused us problems.
>
> In Apache land I think the answer is to edit the scripts.
The Adobe doc at [1] is confusing.  It talks about jvm.config, then says it
doesn't work on mac, then says it is used by mxmlc and compc.

It looks like you can also set vm args in a $SETUP_SH_VMARGS environment
variable.

[1]
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084-
7fd9.html#WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf5fb32-7ff3
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: MXML heap size

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 1/17/13 6 :17AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This was just raised:
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33353
>
>From a quick look it seems that the mxmlc (or mxml.bat) doesn't use
>jvm.config but not I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm this?

I believe that is correct.  That is why we removed the jvm.config file
from bin.  The Adobe Flex documentation will not always apply now that we
are at Apache.

ColdFusion and JRun had a modified java launcher which I worked on years
ago which Flex adopted it.  It used jvm.config.  Adobe did not donate the
launcher.  I can't remember all the reasons but it was an exe and I want
to say it was written in C which would have caused us problems.

In Apache land I think the answer is to edit the scripts.

Carol