Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Warren <wa...@clarksnutrition.com> on 2006/02/28 03:46:58 UTC

nullValue = Question

I have a ResultMap that calls another select statement to retrive an object.

<resultMap id="scanOrderWithOrdersAndLineItemsResult" class="scanOrder">
	<result property="orderDog" select="getOrderDog" nullValue="NULL"/>
</resultMap>

<select id="getOrderDog" resultMap="vendorResult">
    SELECT col1, col2, ... FROM vendor WHERE ven_vendor_code = '0000      '
</select>

orderDog is an object. I keep getting java.lang.NullPointer Exceptions
related to the orderDog property. How do I get orderDog set to null if
getOrderDog does not return a result?

Thanks,

Warren Bell

Re: nullValue = Question

Posted by Sven Boden <li...@pandora.be>.
I tried something similar in which the query in the "select" part
returns an empty result (without using nullValue), and the property is
properly set to NULL. Can you try the iBATIS version from SVN, and maybe
also post the full stack-trace you get.

Regards,
Sven