Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Fr...@gsk.com on 2002/12/04 17:55:18 UTC

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache::AuthenNTLM 0.23

I installed it on 29. Nov. and have to say that it works fine. No more
problems with POST requests.
The only issue I still have are the occasional "hangs", when the web
server doesn't respond for several tens of seconds.

Thanks,
Frank

----- Weitergeleitet von Frank Zimper/BUH/CH/SB_PLC am 04.12.2002 17:53
-----

"Gerald Richter" <ri...@ecos.de>
28.11.2002 20:27

        An:     modperl@apache.org, announce@perl.apache.org
        Kopie:
        Thema:  ANNOUNCE: Apache::AuthenNTLM 0.23

The URL

    ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/ntlm/Apache-AuthenNTLM-0.23.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/G/GR/GRICHTER/Apache-AuthenNTLM-0.23.tar.gz
  size: 49682 bytes
   md5: 6a0e59d24b23737b2902e6cd43aceb77

This version fixes the problem with POST request. Thanks to the people who
send me logfiles and patches.

Enjoy

Gerald

Changes since 0.21:

0.23  12. Nov 2002

   - Fixed possible lockup with POST data. Patch from Gerald Combs.

0.22  11. Nov 2002

   - Return FORBIDDEN (instead of SERVER_ERROR) when no PDC is
     configured for a given domain
   - Compiles now correctly with Perl 5.005
   - Fixed problem with POST data, based on a patch from Gerald Combs.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Apache::AuthenNTLM 0.23

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I installed it on 29. Nov. and have to say that it works fine. No more
> problems with POST requests.
> The only issue I still have are the occasional "hangs", when the web
> server doesn't respond for several tens of seconds.

Could you try to use a bdc instead of the pdc. Maybe your pdc is to high
loaded

Gerald

undesired authentication timeout behavior

Posted by George Valpak <gv...@yahoo.com>.
I am using a homegrown subclass of AuthCookieDBI for authentication. So far so good. But I have a problem that I hope someone can offer guidance on.

For now I have the auth set to expire after a certain amount of time. After the expiration, the next time the user clicks, the login form comes up, which is proper and working.

But the site uses frames, and the login comes up in the frame that was clicked. Is there a way to force it to ignore the frames, treat the browser window as having no frames, and then redirect back to the frame configuration it was in after authentication?

I guess this probably is an issue with any mod_perl authentication scheme....

Thanks in advance,

GV