Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/11 00:40:36 UTC

Candidate Committers

Given that we want to open up the first committer spots to all
significant NuttX contributors, I made a list.  I went through the top
20 or so all time contributors to NuttX and made a list of potential
committers.  I have excluded already identified initial committers.  I
have also excluded anyone who has not contributed in a long time (i.e.,
essentially former NuttX users).

I have already contacted some people who were not interested in
participating on the PMC or being committers.   Of the people I have
contacted, the following have an interest in being a committer and/or a
member of the PPMC.

    Masayuki Ishikawa <Ma...@sony.com>
    Kenneth Pettit <pe...@gmail.com>
    Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>

There are eight more people whom I have not yet contacted.   I have made
no concerted effort to contact them individually, I am having the
relevant conversations as targets of opportunity.  I prefer not to name
them here without first contacting them.

I understand that for some projects, all committers are PPMC members,
and other projects PPMC members are only a subset of the committers.  I
leave this to the PPMC.

I did make a commitment to keep a low profile while the PPMC is forming
and I will do that.  But there a a few topics that I must hand-off to
the PPMC (like this one) and a few that I must deal with myself (like
the hand-off of the Bitbucket repositories to INFRA).

Greg

Re: Candidate Committers

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
> Hi, Greg. In ASF, usually the discussion about the committer candidates
> should happen in the private@nuttx mailing list...
>
> And also, the later vote for the new PPMC members and committers should
> also happen in the private mailing list.

Okay... thanks!  Still learning how things work.

Greg

Re: Candidate Committers

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Greg. In ASF, usually the discussion about the committer candidates
should happen in the private@nuttx mailing list...

And also, the later vote for the new PPMC members and committers should
also happen in the private mailing list.

Thanks.

Ishikawa, Masayuki (SHES) <Ma...@sony.com> 于2019年12月11日周三
上午9:05写道:

Re: Candidate Committers

Re: Candidate Committers

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
HI Greg,

I think these guys are good options and it is very nice to see them aboard!

BR,

Alan

Re: Candidate Committers

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Given that we want to open up the first committer spots to all significant NuttX contributors, I made a list.  I went through the top 20 or so all time contributors to NuttX and made a list of potential committers.  I have excluded already identified initial committers.  I have also excluded anyone who has not contributed in a long time (i.e., essentially former NuttX users).

This lis a little unusual, I'll explain why on the private list.

Thanks,
Justin