Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2008/09/30 15:46:31 UTC

ValueChangeListener not being called for CoreInputText inside CoreTable column. Why?

I have a ValueChangeListener the works for an input field, component =
CoreInputText, that is in a form.  When I assign the listener to an
input field that is in a column inside a table that is inside the same
form, the listener is not called.

The all of the components are programmability defined in a binding to
the <tr:form>

Definition of the ValueChangeListener:
> 		MethodExpression listener = expressionFactory.createMethodExpression(
> 				facesContext.getELContext(),
> 				"#{presentationBean.columnChange}", null,
> 				new Class[] { ValueChangeEvent.class });
>
> 		MethodExpressionValueChangeListener valueChangeListener = new MethodExpressionValueChangeListener(
> 				listener);

How listener is added to input Text component:
>              presNameComp.addValueChangeListener(valueChangeListener);

The input text components in the form and in the column are defined the
same way, so I am not sure why the listener is not called for the input
text in the column. The components correctly display their values.

Ideas?

Paul Spencer