Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jimmy Zhang <cr...@comcast.net> on 2008/02/26 20:45:04 UTC

Newby question on message routing

Hi, all, I have just recently joined the list and wonder if
someone can explain to me how FUSE routes XML messages
in its current implementation... Is it DOM/XPath based or
is it SAX/PULL based? What is the performance number etc?

I appreciate any suggestions on this...
thanks,
Jimmy Zhang

Re: Newby question on message routing

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 26/02/2008, jimmy Zhang <cr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi, all, I have just recently joined the list and wonder if
>  someone can explain to me how FUSE routes XML messages
>  in its current implementation... Is it DOM/XPath based or
>  is it SAX/PULL based?

For FUSE related questions you should use the FUSE forums; these
forums are for the Apache distros...
http://open.iona.com/forums/index.jspa

When routing XML messages using Camel
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/

you can use various expression languages like XPath or XQuery to do
routing but its easy to add your own expression mechanism (you can use
any Java code to evaluate an expression); when using XPath by default
we use JAXP under the covers to evaluate XPath expressions.

If you use Artix Data Services for your XML payloads then it uses fast
in memory objects...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/artix-data-services.html

We've a pending JIRA for SXC support which might help for more high
performance XML based routers using a more pull mechanism - but that
only supports a subset of XPath.
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-326

> What is the performance number etc?

We've no specific performance tests; it kinda depends what your XML
looks like and what kinds routes you're doing.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration